Encyclopedia of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans
An up-to-date and authoritative one-volume reference offering comprehensive coverage of the biology, climatology, oceanography, geology, history and current legal, political and human aspects of the Antarctic continent and the surrounding ocean and islands.
* Edited by Dr Bernard Stonehouse - a research scientist, writer and editor with wide-ranging field experience of Antarctica and the southern oceans
* Entries from 25 eminent contributors, writing under the direction of six advisory editors, ensures an up-to-date and authoritative presentation
* Comprehensive geographical coverage, including lands, coasts, major mountain ranges and individual features, all with co-ordinates and brief descriptions, and many in-text maps
* Includes study guides, offering 2-3000 words on key topics, which enable the user to follow themes of interest systematically and thematically, with key words linking to the A-Z entries within the Encyclopedia
* Features an eight page, fold-out coloured map section of the continent showing major geographical features
* Offers wide cross-disciplinary coverage of Antarctic and southern oceans from politics and sovereignty to marine zoology
* Written in a simple, straightforward style
Provides essential reading for all researchers and academics working in climatology, oceanography, geology and biology, as well as Polar researchers
Så tycker andra - Skriv en recension
Vi kunde inte hitta några recensioner.