« FöregåendeFortsätt »
34 I have seen, I have seen 16 the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and ai come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.
35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge ? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer "by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.
36 He brought them out, after that he had *showed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness 'forty years.
16 I have perfectly seen. Mu. Cr. ministry. Pu. 9 Exo D. iii. 10: Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
* Exod. xiv. 19: And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them. do. xxiii. 20 : Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. NUM. xx. 16: When we cried unto the LORD, he heard our voice, and sent an angel, and hath brought us forth out of Egypt. Isa. Ixiii. 9: In all their afflictions he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them : in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
* Exod. xii. 41: And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt. do.xxxiii. 1: And the Lord said unto Moses, Depart, ind
go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought ip out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto braham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will
Ps. cv. 27: They showed his signs among them, and won. ers in the land of Ham. These wonders and signs are recorded ✓ Exo D. vii. viii. ix. x. xi. xiv.
u Exod. xvi. 1, 35: They took their journey from Elim, and I the congregation of the children of Israel. came unto the VOL. II.
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A Wprophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; 18 xhim shall
hear. 38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the 'angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who are
18 as myself. A. V. wilderness of Sin. And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.
Num. xiv. 33: Your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness. do. xxxii. 13: The Lord's anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.
* Acts, iii. 22: For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. See on John, vii. 40.
* Mat. xvii. 5 : While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Exov, xix. 3, 17, 20: Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain.-Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God. And the Lord came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up:
• Prur. xxxiii. 2: The LORD came from Sinai,-he came with ten thousands of saints : from his right hand went a fiery law for them. Ps. Ixviii. 17: The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. Isa. Ixiii. 9: The words under ver. 35. Gal. iii. 19: It [the law] was ordained by angels in the hands of a mediator. Ver. 53.
Ver. 53. HEB. ii. 2 : If the word spoken by angels was stedfast.
* Exod. xi. 1: Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. Deut. v. 27, 31 : Go thou near, and hear all that the LORD our God shall say; and speak thou unto us all that the Lord our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear it, and do it. But as for thee, stand thou here
ceived the lively oracles 19 to give unto us :
39 To whom our fathers would not obey, 20 but thrust him from them, 21 and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,
40 Saying unto Aaron, "Make us gods to go before us : for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
41 And they made a calf in those days, 22 and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.
42 Then God 'turned, and gave them up to 19 the words of life. Wi. Co. Ma. Cr. Bi. Rh. 20 be obedient. Pu. 21 rejected him. Wh. 22 at that time. Pu. by me, and I will speak unto thee all the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which thou shalt teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.do. xxxiii. 4: Moses commanded us a law, even the inheritance of the congregation of Jacob. John, i. 17: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
• Deut. xxxii. 46, 47: Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your
children to observe to do, all the words of this law. For it is not a vain thing for you ; because it is your life. Rom. iii. 2: Much [advantage hath the Jew) every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
• Exod. xxxii. 1: When the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us ; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
& DEUT. ix. 16: And I looked, and, behold, ye had sinned against the LORD your God, and had made you a molten calf: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the LORD had commanded you. Ps. cvi. 19, 20: They made a calf in Horeb, and worshipped the molten image. Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox that eateth grass.
e Ps. lxxxi. 11, 12: My people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto heir own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counels. EZEK. XX, 25, 39: I gave them also statutes that were
worship the 8 host of heaven ;23 as it is written in the book of the prophets, "O ye house of Israel,
23 the stars of the sky. Ma. not good, and judgments whereby they should not live. As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me; but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols. Wisd. xii. 23: Whereas men have lived dissolutely and unrighteously, thou hast tormented them with their own abominations. Rom. i. 21, 24: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful. Wherefore God also gave them
to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts. 2 Thes. ii. 1012: With all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in uprighteousness.
f2 CHR. xv. 2 : The Lord is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you. Hos. v. 15: I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face : in their affliction they will seek me early. 8 Deut. iv. 19: And lest thou lift
thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. do. xvii. 3: And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded. 2 Kings, xvii. 16: They left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven. do. xxi. 3: For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up, altars for Baal, and made a grove, as did Ahab, king of Israel, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them. Jer. xix. 13 : The houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of the kings of Judah, shall be defiled as the place of Tophet, because of all the houses upon whose roofs they have burned incense unto all the host of heaven.
h Amos, v. 25, 26: Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, 0 house of Israel? But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness ?
43 Yea, ye took up 24 the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures 25 which
ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking26 unto Moses, ithat he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.
45 kWhich also our fathers that came after 27 brought in with Jesus 23 into the possession of the Gentiles, 'whom God drave out before the face 29 of our fathers, unto the days of David;
24 have set up. Han. 25 images. Co. Br. 26 who spake. A. V. 27 having received. A. V. 28 Joshua. Wh. 29 from the presence of. Pu.
i Exod. xxv, 40: Look that thou make them after their pattern, which was showed thee in the mount. do. xxvi. 30: And thou shalt rear up the tabernacle according to the fashion thereof which was showed thee in the mount. Heb. viii. 5: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses' was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount.
k Joshua, iii. 14: It came to pass, when the people removed from their tents, to pass over Jordan, and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people.
Exod. xxxiv. 24: I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders. Deut. iv. 38: To drive out nations from before thee, greater and mightier than thou art, to bring thee in, to give thee their land for an inheritance, as it is this day. do. vii
. 22: The LORD thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little : thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee. Neh. ix. 24: So the children went in and possessed the land, and thou subduedst before them the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, and gavest them into their hands, with their kings, and the people of the land, that they might do with them as they would. Ps. xlii. 2: My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? do. Ixxviii. 55: He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents. Acts, xiii.