« FöregåendeFortsätt »
1869. May 10
Sam. A. Green, M.D.
The Names and Order of all the Books of the OLD and NEW TESTAMENTS, and of the APOCRYPHA, with the number of their chapters.
The Song of Solomon
THE BOOKS CALLED APOCRYPHA.
Baruch, with the Epis
tle of Jeremiah
Song of the three children.
THE BOOKS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT.
28 | Ephesians
The Epistle to the Romans 16
The Story of Susanna.
The Idol Bel, and the Dragon
To the Hebrews
The Epistle of James
5 II. Peter
THE FIRST BOOK OF MOSES,
11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13. And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14.TAnd God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven, to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven, to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven, to give light upon the earth,
18. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20. And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind and God saw that it was good.
22. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas; and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24. ¶ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
25. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27. So God created man in his own image; in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29. T And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree,
in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding || dekel: that is it which goeth toward the east seed; to you it shall be for meat.
of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates. 15. And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden, to dress it and to keep it.
16. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat.
17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die.
30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat and it was so.
31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. CHAP. II.
1 The first sabbath. 4 The manner of the creation. 19, 20
and of marriage.
The naming of the creatures. 21 The making of woman, 1.HUS the heavens and the earth were
T finished, and all the host of them.
2. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work, which God created and made.
4. T These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5. And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8. ¶ And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
11. The name of the first is Pison: that 2s it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.
18. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. CHAP. III.
1 The serpent deceiveth Eve. 6 Man's shameful fall. 16 The punishment of mankind: 22 Their casting out of paradise.
9. And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
12. And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx-stone.
19. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air, and brought them unto Adam, to see what he would call them : and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a help meet for him.
21. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof.
22. And the rib which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23. And Adam said. This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of, my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
OW the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die..
13. And the name of the second river is Gihon the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5. For God doth know that in the day
14. And the name of the third river is Hid-ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be
for out of it wast thou taken; for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
17. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
13. Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.
20. And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.
21. Unto Adam also, and to his wife, did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22. And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever;
23. Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24. So he drove out the man: and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden, cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
1 The birth, trade, and religion of Cain and Abel. 8 The murder of Abel. 11 The curse of Cain.
ND Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock, and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel, and to his offering:
5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6. And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? And why is thy countenance fallen?
7. If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
8. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9. And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, 1 know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
10. And he said, What hast thou done? The voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
19. In the sweat of thy face shalt thou
11. And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to re
eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;ceive thy brother's blood from thy hand.
12. When thou tillest the ground, it shall || ted man, in the likeness of God made he him: not henceforth yield unto thee her strength. 2. Male and female created he them; and A fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in blessed them, and called their name Adam, the earth. in the day when they were created.
3. T And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
13. And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me, shall slay me.
15. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him seven-fold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16. T And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land. of Nod, on the east of Eden.
4. And the days of Adam, after he had begotten Seth, were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters.
5. And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. 6. And Seth lived a hundred and five years, and begat Enos:
7. And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters.
8. And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died. 9. And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan :
10. And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:
11. And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
12. T And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel:
13. And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, 'and begat sons and daughters:
14. And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.
15. ¶ And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
16. And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
17. And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
18. ¶ And Jared lived a hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
19. And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
20. And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died. 21. ↑ And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
22. And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah, three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23. And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24. And Enoch walked with God: and he was not: for God took him.
25. ↑ And Methuselah lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech :