« FöregåendeFortsätt »
ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have || 9. Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus been defiled; and ye shall loathe yourselves | saith the LORD; Say, A sword, a sword is in your own sight, for all your evils that ye sharpened, and also furbished: have committed.
10. It is sharpened to make a sore slaugh 44. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, ter: it is furbished that it may glitter: should when I have wrought with you for my we then make mirth? it contemneth the rod name's sake, not according to your wicked of my son, as every tree. ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, 11. And he hath given it to be furbished, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord God. || that it may be handled: this sword is sharp
45. 1 Moreover, the word of the LORD |ened, and it is furbished, to give it into the came unto me, saying,
hand of the slayer. 46. Son of man, set thy face toward the 12. Cry and how), son of man; for it shall south, and drop thy word toward the south, || be upon my people, it shall be upon all the and prophesy against the forest of the south | princes of Israel : terrors, by reason of the
sword, shall be upon my people: smite there• 47. And say to the forest of the south, || fore upon thy thigh. Hear the word of the LORD, Thus saith the | 13. Because it is a trial, and what if the Lord God, Behold, I will kindle a fire in sword contemn even the rod? it shall be no thee, and it shall devour every green tree in more, saith the Lord God. thee, and every dry tree: the flaming flame 14. Thou, therefore, son of man, prophesy, shall not be quenched, and all faces from and smite thy hands together, and let the the south to the north shall be burned therein. sword be doubled the third time, the sword
48. And all flesh shall see that I the of the slain : it is the sword of the great men LORD have kindled it: it shall not be that are slain, which entereth into their privy quenched.
chambers. 49. Then said I, Ah Lord God! they say 15. I have set the point of the sword of me, Doth he not speak parables? against all their gates, that their heart may CHAP. XXI.
| faint, and their ruins be multiplied. Ah! it Ezekiel prophesieth against Jerusalem with a sign of sighing. || is made bright, it is wrapt up for the slaughter. 1. AND the word of the LORD came | 16. Go thee one way or other, either on A unto me, saying,
the right hand, or on the left, whithersoever 2. Son of man, set thy face toward Jeru- thy face is set. salem, and drop thy word toward the holy |
|| 17. I will also smite my hands together, places, and prophesy against the land of Is- and I will cause my fury to rest: I the LORD rael,
have said it. 3. And say to the land of Israel, Thus 18. I The word of the LORD came unto saith the Lord, Behold, I am against thee, || me again, saying, and will draw forth my sword out of his 19. Also, thou son of man, appoint thee sheath, and will cut off from thee the right. || two ways, that the sword of the king of eous and the wicked.
Babylon may come: both twain shall come 4. Seeing then that I will cut off from forth out of one land; and choose thou a thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore place, choose it at the head of the way to shall my sword go forth out of his sheath || the city. against all flesh from the south to the north; || 20. Appoint a way, that the sword may
5. That all flesh may know that I the come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to LORD have drawn forth my sword out of Judah in Jerusalem the defenced. .. his sheath: it shall not return any more. 21. For the king of Babylon stood at the
6. Sigh, therefore, thou son of man, with parting of the way, at the head of the two the breaking of thy loins; and with bitterness ways, to use divination: he made his arsigh before their eyes.
rows bright, he consulted with images, he 7. And it shall be, when they say unto looked in the liver. thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt 22. At his right hand was the divination answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open and every heart shall melt, and all hands || the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, || voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams and all knees shall be weak as water: be- against the gates, to cast a mount, and to hold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, build a fort. saith the Lord God.
23. And it shall be unto them as a false 8. T Again, the word of the LORD came divination in their sight, to them that have unto me, saying,
Il sworn oaths: but he will call to remem
brance the iniquity, that they may be || from thee, shall mock thee, which art infa-taken.
mous and much vexed. 24. Therefore thus saith the Lord God,|| 6. Behold, the princes of Israel, every one. Because ye have made your iniquity to be were in thee to their power to shed blood. remembered, in that your transgressions are 1 7. In thee have they set light by father and discovered, so that in all your doings your mother; in the midst of thee have they dealt sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are by oppression with the stranger; in thee have come to remembrance, ye shall be taken they vexed the fatherless and the widow. with the hand. •
8. Thou hast despised my holy things, 25. And thou, profane wicked prince of and hast profaned my sabbaths. Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity. 9. In thee are men that carry tales to shed shall have an end;
| blood; and in thee they eat upon the moun26. Thus saith the Lord God, Removetains; in the midst of thee they commit the diadem, and take off the crown; this lewdness; shall not be the same: exalt him that is low,| 10. In thee have they discovered their faand abase him that is high.
ther's nakedness; in thee have they humbled 27. I will overturn, overturn, overturn it; her that was set apart for pollution. and it shall be no more, until he come whose 11. And one hath committed abominaright it is; and I will give it him.
tion with his neighbour's wife; and another 28. 1 And thou, son of man, prophesy, and hath lewdly defiled his daughter-in-law; and say, Thus saith the Lord God concerning another in thee hath humbled his sister, his the Ammonites, and concerning their re- || father's daughter. proach; even say thou, The sword, the 1 12. In thee have they taken gifts to shed sword is drawn; for the slaughter it is fur-blood; thou hast taken usury and increase, bished, to consume because of the glittering; and thou hast greedily gained of thy neigh
29. While they see vanity unto thee, while | bours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon | saith the Lord God. the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, 13. Behold, therefore, I have smitten my whose day is come, when their iniquity shall hand at thy dishonest gain which thou hast have an end.
made, and at thy blood which hath been 30. Shall I cause it to return into his | in the midst of thee. sheath?'1 will judge thee in the place where 14. Can thy heart endure, or can thy thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity. || hands be strong, in the days that I shall
31. And I will pour out mine indignation deal with thee? I the LORD have spoken it, upon thee; I will blow against thee in the and will do it.. fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the | 15. And I will scatter thee among the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy. || heathen, and disperse thee in the countries,
32. Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy || and will consume thy filthiness out of thee. blood shall be in the midst of the land ; thou | 16. And thou shalt take thine inheritance shalt be no more remembered; for I the in thyself in the sight of the heathen, and LORD have spoken it.
thou shalt know that I am the LORD. CHAP. XXII.
17. | And the word of the LORD came The general corruption of all orders of men. unto me, saying, 1. M OREOVER, the word of the LORD 18. Son of man, the house of Israel is to 11 came unto me, saying,
me become dross: all they are brass, and 2. Now, thou son of man, wilt thou judge, tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the wilt thou judge the bloody city ? yea, thou furnace; they are even the dross of silver. shalt shew her all her abominations.
19. Therefore thus saith the Lord God, 3. Then say thou, Thus saith the Lord Because ye are all become dross, behold, God, The city sheddeth blood in the midst therefore, I will gather you into the midst of it, that her time may come; and maketh of Jerusalem. idols against herself to defile herself.
20. As they gather silver, and brass, and 4. Thou art become guilty in thy blood iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of that thou hast shed; and hast defiled thy- the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt self in thine idols which thou hast made; and it; so will I gather you in mine anger and thou hast caused thy days to draw near, and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and art come even unto thy years: therefore have melt you. I made thee a reproach unto the heathen, 21. Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon and a mocking to all countries.
you in the fire of my wrath, and ye shall be 5 Those that be near, and those that be far || melted in the midst thereof
22. As silver is melted in the midst of the || she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst on the Assyrians her neighbours, thereof; and ye shall know that I the LORD 6. Which were clothed with blue, captains have poured out my fury upon you. || and rulers, all of them desirable young men,
23. | And the word of the LORD came horsemen riding upon horses. unto me, saying, n. say unto her. Thou
7. Thus she committed her whoredoms '24. Son of man, say unto her, Thou art with them, with all them that were the chosen the land that is not cleansed, nor rained men of Assyria, and with all on whom she upon in the day of indignation.
Il doted: with all their idols she defiled herself. 25. There is a conspiracy of her prophets 8. Neither left she her whoredoms brought in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion rav- from Egypt: for in her youth they lay with ening the prey: they have devoured souls ; || her, and they bruised the breasts of her vir. they have taken the treasure and precious ginity, and poured their whoredom upon her. things; they have made her many widows 9. Wherefore I have delivered her into the in the midst thereof.
| hand of her lovers, into the hand of the As26. Her priests have violated my law, and syrians, upon whom she doted. have profaned my holy things: they have put 10. These discovered her nakedness; they no difference between the holy and profane, I took her sons and her daughters, and slew neither have they showed difference between | her with the sword; and she became famous the unclean and the clean, and have hid among women; for they had executed judg. their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am pro- | ment upon her. faned among them.
11. And when her sister Aholibah saw 27. Her princes in the midst thereof are this, she was more corrupt in her inordinate like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, | love than she, and in her whoredoms more and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain. || than her sister in her whoredoms.
28. And her prophets have daubed them | 12. She doted upon the Assyrians her with untempered mortar, seeing vanity, and neighhours, captains and rulers clothed most divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith gorgeously, horsemen riding upon horses, all the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not of them desirable young men.
13. Then I saw that she was defiled, that 29. The people of the land have used op- || they took both one way; pression, and exercised robbery, and have 14. And that she increased her whorevexed the poor and needy; yea, they have doms: for when she saw men pourtrayed oppressed the stranger wrongfully.
upon the wall, the images of the Chaldeans 30. And I sought for a man among them, pourtrayed with vermilion, that should make up the hedge, and stand. 15. Girded with girdles upon their loins, in the gap before me for the land, that I exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads, should not destroy it; but I found none. all of them princes to look to, after the man
31. Therefore have I poured out mine ner of the Babylonians of Chaldea, the land indignation upon them; I have consumed of their nativity: them with the fire of my wrath: their own 16. And, as soon as she saw them with way have I recompensed upon their heads, || her eyes, she doted upon them, and sent messaith the Lord God.
sengers unto them into Chaldea. . CHAP. XXIII.
17. And the Babylonians came to her into The whoredoms of Aholah and Aholibah.
the bed of love, and they defiled her with THE word of the LORD came again their whoredom; and she was polluted with 1 unto me, saying,
them, and her mind was alienated from them, 2. Son of man, there were two women, 18. So she disccvered her whoredoms, and the daughters of one mother;
discovered her nakedness: then my mind 3. And they committed whoredoms in was alienated from her, like as my mind Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their was alienated from her sister.. youth: there were their breasts pressed, and 19. Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, there they bruised the teats of their vir- in calling to remembrance the days of her ginity.
youth, wherein she had played the harlot in 4. And the names of them were Aholah the land of Egypt. in the elder, and Aholibah her sister; and they 20. For she doted upon their paramours, were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and Thus were their names, Samaria is Aholah, || whose issue is like the issue of horses. and Jerusalem Aholibah.
21. Thus thou calledst to remembrance 5. And Aholah played the harlot when I the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy
estoninst the mobile or people and wheels, does have a have they weir hands, ainte de adulter
39. For whols, then they cane
teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy || and pluck off thine own breasts: for 1 have. youth.
spoken it, saith the Lord God. 22. Therefore, O Aholibah, thus saith the 35. Therefore thus saith the Lord God Lord God, Behold, I will raise up thy || Because thou hast forgotten me, and cast lovers against thee, from whom thy mind is me behind thy back, therefore bear thou also alienated, and I will bring them against thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. thee on every side;
36. I The Lord said moreover unto me, 23. The Babylonians, and all the Chal-Son of man, wilt thou judge Aholah and deans, Pekod, and Shoa, and Koa, and all || Aholibah? yea, declare unto them their the Assyrians with them: all of them de- abominations; . sirable young men, captains and rulers, great | 37. That they have committed adultery, lords and renowned, all of them riding upon and blood is in their hands, and with their horses.
idols have they committed adultery; and 24. And they shall come against thee have also caused their sons, whom they bare with chariots, waggons, and wheels, and unto me, to pass for them through the fire, with an assembly of people, which shall set to devour them. against thee buckler, and shield, and helmet, 38. Moreover, this they have done unto round about: and I will set judgment before me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the them, and they shall judge thee according same day, and have profaned my sabbaths. to their judgments.
39. For when they had slain their chil25. And I will set my jealousy against | dren to their idols, then they came the same thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; || thus have they done in the midst of my house. and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: 40. And furthermore, that ye have sent for they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; || men to come from far, unto whom a mesand thy residue shall be devoured by the fire. senger was sent; and, lo, they came; for
26. They shall also strip thee out of thy whom thou didst wash thyself, paintedst thine clothes, and take away thy fair jewels. eyes, and deckedst thyself with ornaments,
27. Thus will I make thy lewdness to 41. And sattest upon a stately bed, and a cease from thee, and thy whoredom brought table prepared before it, whereupon thou from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt || hast set mine incense and mine oil. not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remem l 42. And a voice of a multitude being at ber Egypt any more.
ease was with her: and with the men of the 28. For thus saith the Lord God, Behold, || common sort were brought Sabeans from I will deliver thee into the hand of them the wilderness, which put bracelets upon whom thou hatest, into the hand of them their hands, and beautiful crowns upon their from whom thy mind is alienated:
heads. 29. And they shall deal with thee hate- | 43. Then said I unto her that was old in fully, and shall take away all thy labour, and adulteries, Will they now commit whoreshall leave thee naked and bare; and the doms with her, and she with them? . nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be dis- || 44. Yet they went in unto her, as they covered, both thy lewdness and thy whore- || go in unto a woman that playeth the harlot; doms.
so went they in unto Aholah and unto Aho30. I will do these things unto thee, be- libah, the lewd women. cause thou hast gone a whoring after the 45. And the righteous men, they shall heathen, and because thou art polluted with judge them after the manner of adulteresses, their idols.
l and after the manner of women that shed 31. Thou hast walked in the way of thy || blood; because they are adulteresses, and sister; therefore will I give her cup into thy || blood is in their hands. hand.
| 46. For thus saith the Lord God, I will 32. Thus saith the Lord God, Thou shalt bring up a company upon them, and will drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: I give them to be removed and spoiled. thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in 47. And the company shall stone them derision; it containeth much.
with stones, and despatch them with their 33. Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness swords; they shall slay their sons and their and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment | daughters, and burn up their houses with fire. and desolation, with the cup of thy sister | 48. Thus will I cause lewdness to cease Samaria.
out of the land, that all women may be taught 34. Thou shalt even drink it, and suck it not to do after your lewdness. out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, || 49. And they shall recompense your lewd
ness upon you, and ye shall bear the sins || 15. Also the word of the LORD came of your idols: and ye shall know that 1 unto me, saying, am the Lord God.
16. Son of man, behold, I take away from CHAP. XXIV.
thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke: By a boiling pot, is showed Jerusalem's destruction. yet neither shalt thou mourn nor weep, 1. A GAIN, in the ninth year, in the tenth || neither shall thy tears run down.
A month, in the tenth day of the month, 17. Forbear to cry, make no mourning for the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, the dead, bind the tire of thy head upon
2. Son of man, write thee the name of thee, and put on thy shoes upon thy feet, and the day, even of this same day; the king of cover not thy lips, and eat not the bread of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this men. same day.
18. So 1 spake unto the people in the 3. And utter a parable unto the rebellious morning; and at even my wife died: and I house, and say unto them, Thus saith the did in the morning as I was commanded. Lord God, Set on a pot, set it on, and also 19. And the people said unto me, Wilt pour water into it:
thou not tell us what these things are to us, 4. Gather the pieces thereof into it, even that thou doest so? every good piece, the thigh, and the shoulder; || 20. Then I answered them, The word of fill it with the choice bones.
the LORD came unto me, saying, 5. Take the choice of the flock, and burn 21. Speak unto the house of Israel, Thus also the bones under it, and make it boil saith the Lord God, Behold, I will prowell, and let them seethe the bones of it fane my sanctuary, the excellency of your therein.
strength, the desire of your eyes, and that 6. Wherefore thus saith the Lord God, which your soul pitieth; and your sons and Wo to the bloody city, to the pot whose your daughters whom ye have left shall fall scum is therein, and whose scum is not by the sword. gone out of it! bring it out piece by piece ; 22. And ye shall do as I have done: ye let no lot fall upon it.
shall not cover your lips, nor eat the bread 7. For her blood is in the midst of her; || of men. she set it upon the top of a rock; she poured 23. And your tires shall be upon your it not upon the ground to cover it with dust;|| heads, and your shoes upon your feet: ye
8. That it might cause fury to come up || shall not mourn nor weep; but ye shall pine to take vengeance; I have set her blood | away for your iniquities, and mourn one toupon the top of a rock, that it should not be wards another. covered.
24. Thus Ezekiel is unto you a sign: ac- ' 9. Therefore thus saith the Lord God, cording to all that he hath done shall ye do; Wo to the bloody city! I will even make and when this cometh, ye shall know that I the pile for fire great.
am the Lord God. 10. Heap on wood, kindle the fire, con- 25. Also, thou son of man, shall it not be sume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the in the day when I take from them their bones be burnt. .
strength, the joy of their glory, the desire 11. Then set it empty upon the coals of their eyes, and that whereupon they set thereof, that the brass of it may be hot, and their minds, their sons and their daughters, may burn, and that the filthiness of it may | 26. That he that escapeth in that day be molten in it, that the scum of it may be shall come unto thee, to cause thee to hear consumed.
it with thine ears? 12. She hath wearied herself with lies, ll 27. In that day shall thy mouth be opened and her great scum went not forth out of to him which is escaped, and thou shalt * her: her scum shall be in the fire.
speak, and be no more dumb: and thou shalt 13. In thy filthiness is lewdness: because be a sign unto them; and they shall know 1 have purged thee, and thou wast not purg- || that I am the LORD. ed, thou shalt not be purged from thy filthi
CHAP. XXV. ness any more, till I have caused my fury to God's vengeance on the nations on account of the Jews. rest.upon thee.
1. THE word of the LORD came again 14. I the Lord have spoken it; it shall 1 unto me, saying, come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go | 2. Son of man, set thy face against the back, neither will I spare, neither will I re | Ammonites, and prophesy against them; pent: according to thy ways, and according ! 3. And say unto the Ammonites, Hear to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the word of the Lord God; Thus saith the the Lord GOD.
| Lord God, Because thou saidst, Aha, against