« FöregåendeFortsätt »
Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, || Eden, that were in the garden of God, enand will break his arms, the strong, and that vied him. which was broken ; and I will cause the 10. Therefore thus saith the Lord God, sword to fall out of his hand.
Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, 23. And I will scatter the Egyptians and he hath shot up his top among the thick among the nations, and will disperse them boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height; through the countries.
11. I have, therefore, delivered him into the 24. And I will strengthen the arms of the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he king of Babylon, and put my sword in his shall surely deal with him: I have driven hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and him out for his wickedness. he shall groan before him with the groanings | 12. And strangers, the terrible of the naof a deadly-wounded man.
tions, have cut him off, and have left him: 25. But I will strengthen the arms of the upon the mountains and in all the valleys his king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh | branches are fallen, and his boughs are shall fall down; and they shall know that broken by all the rivers of the land; and all I am the LORD, when I shall put my sword the people of the earth are gone down from into the hand of the king of Babylon, and his shadow, and have left him. he shall stretch it out upon the land of | 13. Upon his ruin shall all the fowls of the Egypt.
heaven remain, and all the beasts of the field 26. And I will scatter the Egyptians || shall be upon his branches: among the nations, and disperse them among 14. To the end that none of all the trees the countries; and they shall know that I || by the waters exalt themselves for their am the LORD.
height, neither shoot up their top among the . CHAP. XXXI.
thick boughs, neither their trees stand up in A recital unto Pharaoh of the glory of Assyria. their height, all that drink water: for they 1. ND it came to pass in the eleventh are all delivered unto death, to the nether
1 year, in the third month, in the first parts of the earth, in the midst of the childay of the month, that the word of the LORD dren of men, with them that go down to the came unto me, saying,
pit. 2. Son of man, speak unto Pharaoh king | 15. Thus saith the Lord God, In the day of Egypt, and to his multitude; Whom art when he went down to the grave I caused a thou like in thy greatness?
mourning: I covered the deep for him, and 3. Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in I restrained the floods thereof, and the great Lebanon with fair branches, and with a waters were stayed; and I caused Lebanon shadowing shroud, and of a high stature; to mourn for him, and all the trees of the and his top was among the thick boughs. field fainted for him.
4. The waters made him great, the deep || 16. I made the nations to shakeat the sound · set him up on high with her rivers running l of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with round about his plants, and sent out her little them that descend into the pit: and all the rivers unto all the trees of the field.
trees of Eden, the choice and best of Leba5. Therefore his height was exalted above non, all that drink water, shall be comforted all the trees of the field, and his boughs were in the nether parts of the earth. multiplied, and his branches became long, 17. They also went down into hell with because of the multitude of waters, when he him, unto them that be slain with the sword; shot forth.
| and they that were his arm, that dwelt under 6. All the fowls of heaven made their his shadow in the midst of the heathen. nests in his boughs, and under his branches 18. Towhom art thou thus like in glory and did all the beasts of the field bring forth in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet their young, and under his shadow dwelt all shalt thou be brought down with the trees great nations.
of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: 7. Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumlength of his branches : for his root was by cised with them that be slain by the sworo great waters.
This is Pharaoh, and all his multitude, saith 8. The cedars in the garden of God could the Lord GOD. not hide him: the fir-trees were not like his
CHAP. XXXII. boughs, and the chesnut-trees were not like A lamentation for the fearful fall of Egypt. his branches; nor any tree in the garden of || 1. AND it came to pass in the twelt God was like unto him in his beauty. | A year, in the twelfth month, in u.
9. I have made him fair by the multitude | first day of the month, that the word of u of his branches: so that all the trees of || LORD came unto me, saying,
2. Son of iman, take up a lamentationf for they shall lament her: the daughters of the Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, || nations shall lament her; they shall lament Thou art like a young lion of the nations, for her, even for Egypt, and for all her muland thou art as a whale in the seas; and titude, saith the Lord God. thou camest forth with thy rivers, and 17. TIt came to pass also in the twelfth troubledst the waters with thy feet, and year, in the fifteenth day of the month, that fouledst their rivers.
the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 3. Thus saith the Lord God, I will, there. I 18. Son of man, wail for the multitude fore, spread out my net over thee with a of Egypt, and cast them down, even her, company of many people; and they shall and the daughters of the famous nations, bring thee up in my net.
unto the nether parts of the earth, with 4. Then will I leave thee upon the land, them that go down into the pit. I will cast thee forth upon the open field, and | 19. Whom dost thou pass in beauty? go will cause all the fowls of the heaven to re- down, and be thou laid with the uncircummain upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of cised. the whole earth with thee.
20. They shall fall in the midst of them 5. And I will lay thy flesh upon the moun- that are slain by the sword; she is delivered tains, and fill the valleys with thy height. to the sword: draw her and all her multitudes,
6. I will also water with thy blood the 21. The strong among the mighty shall land wherein thou swimmest, even to the speak to him out of the midst of hell with mountains; and the rivers shall be full of them that help him: they are gone down,
they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword. 7. And when I shall put thee out, I will 22. Asshur is there, and all her company: cover the heaven, and make the stars there- || his graves are about him; all of them slain, of dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, fallen by the sword: and the moon shall not give her light.
23. Whose graves are set in the sides of 8. All the bright lights of heaven will I the pit, and her company is round about her make dark over thee, and set darkness upon grave; all of them slain, fallen by the sword, thy land, saith the Lord God.
which caused terror in the land of the living 9. I will also vex the hearts of many peo 24. There is Elam, and all her multitude ple, when I shall bring thy destruction among round about her grave;' all of them slain, the nations, into the countries which thou fallen by the sword, which are gone down hast not known.
uncircumcised into the nether parts of the . 10. Yea, I will make many people amazed earth, which caused their terror in the land at thee, and their kings shall be horribly of the living; yet have they borne their afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my shame with them that go down to the pit. sword before them; and they shall tremble | 25. They have set her a bed in the midst at every moment, every man for his own life, of the slain with all her multitudes: her in the day of thy fall.
graves are round about him; all of them un11. For thus saith the Lord God, The circumcised, slain by the sword: though sword of the king of Babylon shall come their terror was caused in the land of the upon thee.
living, yet have they borne their shame with 12. By the swords of the mighty will I them that go down to the pit: he is put in cause thy multitude to fall, the terrible of the midst of them that be slain. the nations, all of them; and they shall spoil | 26. There is Meshech, Tubal, and all her the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude multitude: her graves are round about him; thereof shall be destroyed.
all of them uncircumcised, slain by the 13. I will destroy also all the beasts there. sword, though they caused their terror in of from beside the great waters; neither shall the land of the living. . the foot of man trouble them any more, nor 27. And they shall not lie with the mighty the hoofs of beasts trouble them.
that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which 14. Then will I make their waters deep, | are gone down to hell with their weapons and cause their rivers to run like oil, saith of war; and they have laid their swords the Lord GOD.
under their heads; but their iniquities shall 15. When I shall make the land of Egypt be upon their bones, though they were the desolate, and the country shall be destitute terror of the mighty in the land of the living, of that whereof it was full, when I shall 1 28. Yea, thou shalt be broken in the midst smite all them that dwell therein, then shall of the uncircumcised, and shalt lie with they know that I am the LORD.
them that are slain with the sword. 16. This is the lamentation wherewith U 29. There is Edom, her kings, and all her princes, which with their might are laid by | unto the house of Israel, Thus ye speak, them that were slain by the sword: they saying, If our transgressions and our sins be shall lie with the uncircumcised, and with upon us, and we pine away in them, how them that go down to the pit.
should we then live? 30. There be the princes of the north, all 11. Say unto them, As I live, saith the of them, and all the Zidonians, which are Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death gone down with the slain; with their ter- of the wicked; but that the wicked turn ror they are ashamed of their might; and from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye, from they lie uncircumcised with them that be your evil ways; for why will ye die, house slain by the sword, and bear their shame of Israel ? with them that go down to the pit.
12. Therefore, thou son of man, say unto 31. Pharaoh shall see them, and shall be the children of thy people, T'he righteousness comforted over all his multitude, even Pha of the righteous shall not deliver him in the raoh and all his army slain by the sword, day of his transgression: as for the wickedsaith the Lord God.,
ness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby 32. For I have caused my terror in the in the day that he turneth from his wickedland of the living: and he shall be laid in ness; neither shall the righteous be able to the midst of the uncircumcised with them live for his righteousness in the day that he that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh, || sinneth. and all his multitude, saith the Lord God. | · 13. When I shall say to the righteous, CHAP. XXXIII.
that he shall surely live; if he trust to his God sheweth the justice of his ways toward the penitent. | own righteousness and commit iniquity, all 1. A GAIN the word of the LORD came his righteousness shall not be remembered; A unto me, saying,
but for his iniquity that he hath committed, 2. Son of man, speak to the children of he shall die for it. thy people, and say unto them, When I bring || 14. Again, when I say unto the wicked, the sword upon a land, if the people of the | Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his land take a man of their coasts, and set him sin, and do that which is lawsul and right; for their watchman:
| 15. If the wicked restore the pledge, give 3. If, when he seeth the sword come upon again, that he hath robbed, walk in the the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn statutes of life, without committing iniquity; the people;
he shall surely live, he shall not die. 4. Then whosoever heareth the sound of 16. None of his sins that he hath comthe trumpet, and taketh not warning; if themitted shall be mentioned unto him: he hath sword come and take him away, his blood done that which is lawful and right; he shall shall be upon his own head.
surely live. 5. He heard the sound of the trumpet, and | 17. Yet the children of thy people say, took not warning, his blood shall be upon The way of the LORD is not equal: but, as him: but he that taketh warning shall deliver || for them, their way is not equal. his soul.
18. When the righteous turneth from his 6. But if the watchman see the sword | righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he come, and blow not the trumpet, and the shall even die thereby. people be not warned; if the sword come 19. But if the wicked turn from his wickand take any person from among them, heedness, and do that which is lawful and is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood right, he shall live thereby.
20. Yet ye say, The way of the LORD 7. So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will watchman unto the house of Israel; there- ll judge you every one after his ways. fore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, 21. † And it came to pass in the twellth and warn them from me.
year of our captivity, in the tenth month, 8. When I say unto the wicked, O wicked in the fifth day of the month, that one that man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto speak to warn the wicked from his way, me, saying, The city is smitten. that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; || 22. Now the hand of the LORD was upon but his blood will I require at thy hand. me in the evening, afore he that was escap
9. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wickeded came, and had opened my mouth, until of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn || he came to me in the morning, and my mouth from his way, he shall die in bis iniquity ; || was opened, and I was no more dumb. but thou hast delivered thy soul.
23. Then the word of the Lord came unto 10. Therefore, O thou son of man, speak ll me, saying,
shall event is the what which
24. Son of man, they that inhabit those ,, the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye wastes of the land of Israel speak, saying, || feed not the flock. Abraham was one, and he inherited the land: f 4. The diseased have ye not strengthened, but we are many; the land is given us for in- | neither have ye healed that which was sick, heritance.
neither have ye bound up that which was 25. Wherefore say unto them, Thus saith | broken, neither have ye brought again that the Lord God, Ye eat with the blood, and which was driven away, neither have ye lift up your eyes toward your idols, and shed || sought that which was lost; but with force blood: and shall ye possess the land? and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
26. Ye stand upon your sword, ye work 5. And they were scattered, because there abomination, and ye defile every one his is no shepherd: and they became meat to neighbour's wife: and shall ye possess the | all the beasts of the field when they were land?
scattered. 27. Say thou thus unto them, Thus saith 6. My sheep wandered through all the the Lord God, As I live, surely they that mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, are in the wastes shall fall by the sword; | my flock was scattered upon all the face of and him that is in the open field will I give the earth, and none did search or seek after to the beasts to be devoured; and they that them. be in the forts, and in the caves, shall die 7. Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the pestilence.
of the LORD; 28. For I will lay the land most desolate,. 8. As I live, saith the Lord God, surely and the pomp of her strength shall cease; because my flock became a prey, and my and the mountains of Israel shall be deso- || flock became meat to every beast of the field, late, that none shall pass through.
because there was no shepherd, neither did 29. Then shall they know that I am the my shepherds search for my flock, but the Lord, when I have laid the land most de- || shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my solate, because of all their abominations flock: which they have committed.
9. Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the 30. Also, thou son of man, the children || word of the LORD;. of thy people still are talking against thee by 10. Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I am the walls, and in the doors of the houses, || against the shepherds; and I will require and speak one to another, every one to his my flock at their hand, and cause them to brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and cease from feeding the flock; neither shall hear what is the word that cometh forth the shepherds feed themselves any more: from the LORD.
for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, 31. And they come unto thee as the peo- | that they may not be meat for them. ple cometh, and they sit before thee as my | 11. For thus saith the Lord God, Behold, people, and they hear thy words, but they | I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek will not do them: for with their mouth they | them out. shew much love, but their heart goeth after 12. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock their covetousness.
in the day that he is among his sheep that 32. And, lo, thou art unto them as a very || are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and will deliver them out of all places where and can play well on an instrument: for they have been scattered in the cloudy and they hear thy words, but they do them dark day. not.
13. Ånd I will bring them out from the 33. And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it | people, and gather them from the countries, will come,) then shall they know that a pro- and will bring them to their own land, and phet hath been among them.
feed them upon the mountains of Israel by CHAP. XXXIV.
the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of II God's providence for his flock. 20 The kingdom of Christ. ll the country. 1. AND the word of the Lord came un: 14. I will feed them in a good pasture, A to me, saying,
and upon the high mountains of Israel shall 2. Son of man, prophesy against the their fold be: there shall they lie in a good shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the the mountains of Israel... shepherds, Wo be to the shepherds of Israel 15. I will feed my flock, and I will cause that do feed themselves! should not the shep-them to lie down, saith the Lord God. herds feed the flocks?
16. I will seek that which was lost, and 3. Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with || bring again that which was driven away,
your drink Lave trody flock,
and will bind up that which was broken, and || 30. Thus shall they know that I the Lord will strengthen that which was sick: but I their God am with them, and that they, even will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed the house of Israel, are my people, saith the them with judgment.
Lord Gop. 17. And as for you, O my flock, thus saith | 31. And ye, my flock of my pasture, are the Lord God, Behold, I judge between || men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God. cattle and cattle, between the rams and the
CHAP. XXXV. he-goats.
The judgment of mount Seir for their hatred of Israel. 18. Seemeth it a small thing unto you to || 1. M OREOVER, the word of the LORD have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must || N1 came unto me, saying, tread down with your feet the residue of 2. Son of man, set thy face against mount your pastures and to have drunk of the Seir, and prophesy against it, deep waters, but ye must foul the residue 3. And say unto it, Thus saith the Lord with your feet ?
GOD, Behold, O mount Seir, I am against 19. And as for my flock, they eat that thee, and I will stretch out my hand against which ye have trodden with your feet; and thee, and I will make thee most desolate. they drink that which ye have fouled with li 4. I will lay thy cities waste, and thou your feet.
shalt be desolate; and thou shalt know that 20. Therefore, thus saith the Lord God I am the LORD. unto them, Behold, I, even I, will judge be- 5. Because thou hast had a perpetual tween the fat cattle and between the lean || hatred, and hast shed the blood of the chilcattle.
dren of Israel by the force of the sword in 21. Because ye have thrust with side and the time of their calamity, in the time that with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased their iniquity had an end: with your horns, till ye have scattered them 6. Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord God, abroad;
I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood 22. Therefore will I save my flock, and shall pursue thee: sith thou hast uot hated they shall no more be a prey; and I will blood, even blood shall pursue thee. judge between cattle and cattle.
7. Thus will I make mount Seir most de23. And I will set up one Shepherd over || solate, and cut off from it him that passeth them, and he shall feed them, even my ser-out, and him that returneth. yant David; he shall feed them, and he shall 8. And I will fill his mountains with his be their shepherd.
| slain men: in thy hills, and in thy valleys, 24. And I the LORD will be their God, and and in all thy rivers, shall they fall that are my servant David a prince among them; I slain with the sword. the LORD have spoken it.
9. I will make thee perpetual desolations, 25. And I will make with them a cove- and thy cities shall not return; and ye shall nant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts know that I am the Lord. to cease out of the land; and they shall | 10. Because thou hast said, These two dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in | nations, and these two countries, shall be the woods.
mine, and we will possess it; whereas the 26. And I will make them, and the places | LORD was there: round about my hill, a blessing; and I will | 11. Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord cause the shower to come down in his God, I will even do according to thine anger, season: there shall be showers of blessing. I and according to thine envy, which thou
27. And the tree of the field shall yield hast used out of thy hatred against them; and her fruit, and the earth shall yield her in- I will make myself known among them, crease, and they shall be safe in their land, when I have judged thee. and shall know that I am the LORD, when H 12. And thou shalt know that I am the I have broken the bands of their yoke, and | LORD, and that I have heard all thy blasdelivered them out of the hand of those that phemies which thou hast spoken against t served themselves of them.
mountains of Israel, saying, They are la 28. And they shall no more be a prey to | desolate, they are given us to consume. the heathen, neither shall the beasts of the 13. Thus with your mouth ye have boast land devour them: but they shall dwelled against me, and have multiplied your safely, and none shall make them afraid. words against me: I have heard them.
29. And I will raise up for them a Plant 14. Thus saith the Lord God, When the of renown, and they shall be no more con- whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee (cm sumed with hunger in the land, neither bearsolate. the shame of the heathen any more.
15. As thou didst rejoice at the inherio