« FöregåendeFortsätt »
see. And I beheld, and lo, a black horse ; || 2. And I saw another angel ascending and he that sat on him had a pair of ba- from the east, having the seal of the living lances in his hand.
God: and he cried with a loud voice to the 6. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt four beasts say, Ameasureof wheat for a pen- | the earth and the sea, ny,and three measures of barley for a penny; | 3. Saving, Hurt not the earth, neither and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed
7. And when he had opened the fourth the servants of our God in their foreheads. seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast 4. And I heard the number of them say, Come and see.
which were sealed: and there were sealed 8. And I looked, and behold, a pale horse; I a hundred and forty and four thousand of and his name that sat on him was Death,and all the tribes of the children of Israel. hell followed with him. And power was giy-|| 5. Or the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve en unto them over the fourth partof the earth, | thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were seal. to kill with sword, and with hunger, and led twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad with death, and with the beasts of the earth. | were sealed twelve thousand.
9. And when he had opened the fifth | 6. Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve seal, I saw under the altar the souls of thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were them that were slain for the word of God, sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of and for the testimony wbich they held: Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
10. And they cried with a loud voice, 7. Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were dost thou not judge and avenge our blood sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of on them that dwell on the earth?
Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. 11. And white robes were given unto | 8. Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed every one of them; and it was said unto twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph them, that they should rest yet sor a little were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe season, until their fellow-servants also, and of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. their brethren, that should be killed as they 9. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great were, should be fulfilled.
| multitude, which no man could number, 12. And I beheld when he had opened the of all nations, and kindreds, and people, sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earth- and tongues, stood before the throne, and quake; and the sun became black as sack- before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, cloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; and palms in their hands;
13. And the stars of heaven fell unto the 10. And cried with a loud voice, saying, earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untime- || Salvation to our God which sitteth upon ly figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. the throne, and unto the Lamb.
14. And the heaven departed as a scroll 11. And all the angels stood round about when it is rolled together;and every mountain the throne, and about the elders and the and island were moved out of their places. four beasts, and fell before the throne on
15. And the kings of the earth, and the their faces, and worshipped God, great men, and the rich men, and the chief 12. Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, captains, and the mighty men, and every and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, bondman,and every freeman,hid themselves and power, and might, be unto our God for in the dens and in the rocksof the mountains; ever and ever. Amen.
16. And said to the mountains and rocks, 13. And one of the elders answered,saying Fall on us, and hide us from the face of unto me, What are these which are arrayed him that sitteth on the throre, and from in white robes ? and whence came they? the wrath of the Lamb:
14. And I said unto him, Sir, thou know. 17. For the great day of his wrath is est. And he said to me, These are they come; and who shall be able to stand ? which came out of great tribulation, and CHAP. VII.
have washed their robes, and made them 2 An angel cometh to seal the servants of God in their il
white in the blood of the Lamb. foreheads : 4.the number of them that were sealed out of 15. Therefore are they before the throne each of the tribes of Israel, fc.
of God, and serve bim day and night in his 1. AND after these things I saw four an- | temple: and he that sitteth on the throne,
A gels standing on the four corners of shall dwell among them. the earth, holding the four winds of the 16. They shall hunger no more, neither earth, that the wind should not hlow on the thirst any more; neither shall the sun light earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. ll on them, nor any heat.
17. For the Lamb, which is in the midst other voices of the trumpet of the three of the throne, shall feed them, and shall angels, which are yet to sound ! lead them unto living fountains of waters:
CHAP. IX. and God shall wipe away all tears from | 1 Al the sounding of the fifth angel, a star falleth from
heaven, lo whom is given the key of the bollomless pit: 2 their eyes.
he openeth the pil, and there come forth locusts like scorCHAP. VIII.
pions : 12 the first wo is past, foc. 1 Al the opening of the seventh seal, 2 seven angels have
AND the fifth angel sounded, and I seven trumpets given them. 6 Four of them sound their || A saw a star fall from heaven unto trumpets, and great plagues follow, &c.
the earth : and to him was given the key 1. AND when he had opened the se- of the bottomless pit.
- venth seal, there was silence in hea-|| 2. And he opened the bottomless pit; ven about the space of half an hour and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as
2. And I saw the seven angels which the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun stood before God; and to them were given and the air were darkened by reason of seven trumpets.
the smoke of the pit. 3. And another angel came and stood 3. And there came out of the smoke locusts at the altar, having a golden censer; and upon the earth: and unto themwasgiven powthere was given unto him much incense, er, as the scorpions of the earth have power. that he should offer it with the prayers of 4. And it was commanded them that all saints upon the golden altar which was they should not hurt the grass of the earth, before the throne.
neither any green thing, neither any tree; 4. And the smoke of the incense, which | but only those men which have not the came with the prayers of the saints, ascend-seal of God in their foreheads. ed up before God out of the angel's hand. 5. And to them it was given that they
5. And the angel took the censer, and should not kill them, but that they should filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into | be tormented five months : and their torthe earth : and there were voices, and thun- | ment was as the torment of a scorpion, derings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. when he striketh a man.
6. And the seven angels which had the se- 6. And in those days shall men seek ven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. death, and shall not find it; and shall de
7. The first angel sounded, and there sire to die, and death shall flee from them. followed hail and fire mingled with blood, 7. And the shapes of the locusts were like and they were cast upon the earth: and unto horses prepared unto battle; and on the third part of trees was burnt up, their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and all green grass was burnt up.
and their faces were as the faces of men. 8. And the second angel sounded, and 8. And they had hair as the hair of woas it were a great mountain burning with men, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. fire was cast into the sea: and the third | 9. And they had breastplates, as it were part of the sea became blood;
breastplates of iron; and the sound of their 9. And the third part of the creatures | wings was as the sound of chariots of many which were in the sea, and had life, died ; || horses running to battle. and the third part of the ships were destroyed. 10. And they had tails like unto scorpions,
10.And the third angel sounded, and there and there were stings in their tails : and sell a great star from heaven, burning as it their power was to hurt men five months. were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of 11. And they had a king over them, which the rivers, and upon the fountainsof waters; is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose
11. And the name of the star is called name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but Wormwood; and the third part of the waters in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. became wormwood; and many men died of 12. One wo is past; and, behold, there the waters, because they were made bitter. come two woes more hereafter.
12. And the fourth angel sounded, and 13. And the sixth angel sounded, and I the third part of the sun was smitten, and heard a voice from the four horns of the the third part of the moon, and the third golden altar which is before God, part of the stars; so as the third part of 14. Saying to the sixth angel which had them was darkened, and the day shone not the trumpet, Loose the four angels which for a third part of it, and the night likewise. are bound in the great river Euphrates.
13. And I beheld, and heard an angel 15. And the four angels were loosed, flying through the midst of heaven, saying which were prepared for an hour, and a with a loud voice, Wo, wo, wo, to the day, and a month, and a year, for to slay inhabiters of the earth, by reason of the ll the third part of men..
16. And the number of the army of the || heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go horsemen were two hundred thousand thou- and take the little book which is open in sand : and I heard the number of them. l the hand of the angel which standeth upon
17. And thus I saw the horses in the the sea and upon the earth. vision, and them that sat on them, having! 9. And I went unto the angel, and said breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brim- | unto him, Give me the little book. And be stone: and the heads of the horses were as said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and the heads of lions; and out of their mouths it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall issued fire and smoke and brimstone. be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
18. By these three was the third part of 10. And I took the little book out of the men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in and by the brimstone, which issued out of my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as their mouths.
|I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. 19. For their power is in their mouths, 11. And he said unto me, Thou must and in their tails: for their tails were like prophesy again before many peoples, and unto serpents, and had heads, and with nations, and tongues, and kings. them they do hurt.
CHAP. XI. 20. And the rest of the men which were 3 The two witnesses prophesy. 6 They have power to skid not killed by these plagues, yet repented not heaven, that it rain not. 7 The beast shall fight against of the works of their hands, that they should them, and kill them, fac. not worship devils, and idols of gold, and 1. AND there was given me a reed like silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: unto a rod: and the angel stood, say. which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk : l ing, Rise, and measure the temple of God,
21. Neither repented they of their mur- and the altar, and them that worship therein, ders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their for- || 2. But the court which is without the temnication, nor of their thests.
ple leave out, and measure it not; for it is giv, CHAP. X.
en unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall 1 A mighty strong angel appeareth with a book open in his they tread under foot forty and two months.
hand : 6 he sweareth by him that livelh for ever, that i 3. And I will give power unto my two there shall be no more time. 9 John is commanded to take and eat the book.
urucu" || witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thou1. AND I saw another mighty angel | sand two hundred and threescore days,
come down from heaven, clothed clothed in sackcloth. with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his 4. These are the two olive-trees, and the head, and his face was as it were the sun, | two candlesticks standing before the God and his feet as pillars of fire:
of the earth. 2. And he had in his hand a little book 5. And if any man will hurt them, fire open: and he set bis right foot upon the proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoursea, and his left foot on the earth,
eth their enemies: and if any man will hurt 3. And cried with a loud voice, as when them, he must in this manner be killed. a lion roareth: and when he had cried, se 16. These have power to shut heaven, ven thunders uttered their voices.
| that it rain not in the days of their prophe4. And when the seven thunders had ut-|
Il cy: and have power over waters to turn tered their voices, I was about to write: || them to blood, and to smite the earth with and I heard a voice from heaven, saying all plagues, as often as they will. unto me, Seal up those things which the se 17. And when they shall have finished
unders uttered, and write them not. || their testimony, the beast that ascendeth 5. And the angel which I saw stand out of the bottomless pit shall make war upon the sea and upon the earth, lifted up against them, and shall overcome them, his hand to heaven,
and kill them. 6. And sware by bim that liveth for ever || 8. And their dead bodies shall lie in the and ever, who created heaven, and the street of the great city, which spiritually is things that therein are, and the earth, and called Sodom and Egypt, where also our the things that therein are, and the sea, Lord was crucified. and the things which are therein, that there 9. And they of the people, and kindreris, should be time no longer:
and tongues, and nations, shall see their dead 7. But in the days of the voice of the se- || bodies three days and a hals, and shall not venth angel, when he shall begin to sound, || suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. the mystery of God should be finished, as he 10. And they that dwell upon the earth hath declared to his servants the prophets. shall rejoice over them, and make merry,
8. And the voice which I heard from ll and shall send gifts one to another; be
s and a halhem, God, and the wothath a placed her the
cause these two prophets tormented them || 5. And she brought forth a man-child, that du'elt on the earth.
who was to rule all nations with a rod of 11. And after three days and a half the || iron: and her child was caught up unto spirit of life from God entered into them, God, and to his throne. and they stood upon their feet; and great 6. And the woman fled into the wilder
fear fell upon them which saw them. ness, where she hath a place prepared of ! 12. And they heard a great voice from God, that they should feed her there a ; heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. thousand two hundred and threescore days. . And they ascended up to heaven in a 7. And there was war in heaven: Mi| cloud; and their enemies beheld them. chael and his angels fought against the dra.
13. And the same hour was there a great gon; and the dragon fought and bis angels, earthquake, and the tenth part of the city 8. And prevailed not; neither was their fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men place found any more in heaven. seven thousand : and the remnant were af- 9. And the great dragon was cast out, frighted, and gave glory to the Godof heaven. that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa
14. The second wo is past; and, be- tan, which deceiveth the whole world : he hold, the third wo cometh quickly. was cast out into the earth, and his angels
15. And the seventh angel sounded : and were cast out with him. there were great voices in heaven, saying, 10. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaThe kingdoms of this world are become the ven, Now is come salvation, and strength, kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and the kingdom of our God, and the powand he shall reign for ever and ever. er of his Christ : for the accuser of our bre
16. And the four and twenty elders, || thren is cast down, which accused them which sat before God on their seats, fell || before our God day and night. upon their faces, and worshipped God, 11. And they overcame him by the blood
* 17. Saying, We give theė thanks, 0 of the Lamb, and by the word of their tesLord God Almighty, which art, and wast, || timony: and they loved not their lives unto and art to come; because thou hast taken the death. to thee thy great power, and hast reigncd. 12. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and
18. And the nations were angry, and thy | ye that dwell in them. Wo to the inhawrath is come, and the time of the dead, biters of the earth and of the sea! for the that they should be judged, and that thou | devil is come down unto you, having great shouldest give reward unto thy servants the wrath, because he knoweth that he hath prophets, and to the saints, and them that but a short time. fear thy name, small and great; and should- 13. And when the dragon saw that he est destroy them which destroy the earth. was cast unto the earth, he persecuted
19. And the temple of God was opened the woman which brought forth the man. in heaven, and there was seen in his tem- child. ple the ark of his testament: and there 14. And to the woman were given two were lightnings, and voices, and thunder. wings of a great eagle, that she might flee ings, and an earthquake, and great hail. into the wilderness, into her place, where CHAP. XII.
she is nourished for a time, and times, and 1 A woman clothed with the sun travaileth: 4 the great red
half a time, from the face of the serpent. dragon slandeth before her, ready lo devour leer child : 5 | 15. And the serpent cast out of his mouth
she is delivered, and fleech inlo lhe wilderness, fe. water as a flood after the woman, that he 1. AND there appeared a great wonder might cause her to be carried away of the
1 in heaven; a woman clothed with || flood. the sun, and the moon under her feet, and || 16. And the earth helped the woman, upon her head a crown of twelve stars: and the earth opened her mouth, and swal
2. And she being with child cried, tra- || lowed up the flood which the dragon cast vailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. | out of his mouth.
3. And there appeared another wonder | 17. And the dragon was wroth with the in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, || woman, and went to make war with the having seven heads and ten horns, and se remnant of her seed, which keep the comven crowns upon his heads.
mandments of God, and have the testi4. And his tail drew the third part of the mony of Jesus Christ. stars of heaven, and did cast them to the
CHAP. XIII. earth: and the dragon stood before the wo
|| 1 A beast riseth out of the sea with seven heads and ten man which was ready to be delivered, for
| horns. 11 Another beast cometh up out of the earth, to devour her child as soon as it was born. | which supporteth the worship of the former beart.
1. AND I stood upon the sand of the sea, || 16. And he causeth all, both small and
il and saw a beast rise up out of the great, rich and poor, free and bond, to resea, having seven heads and ten horns, and ceive a mark in their right hand, or in their upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his foreheads: heads the name of blasphemy.
17. And that no man might buy or sell, 2. And the beast which I saw was like save he that had the mark, or the name unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of the beast, or the number of his name. of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a 18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath lion : and the dragon gave him his power, understanding count the number of the and his seat, and great authority. . beast: for it is the number of a man; and his
3. And I saw one of his heads as it were number is Six hundred threescore and six. wounded to death; and his deadly wound
CHAP. XIV. was healed: and all the world wondered || 1 The Lamb standing on mount Sion with his company, 6 after the beast.
ll an angel preachelh the gospel; 8 another proclaimetk 4. And they worshipped the dragon which the fall of Babylon, 15 the harvest of the world, fels gave power unto the beast: and they worship- || 1. AND I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood ped the beast, saying, Who is like unto them on the mount Sion, and with him a beast? who is able to make war with him ? || hundred forty and four thousand, having his
5. And there was given unto him a Father's name written in their foreheads. mouth speaking great things and blasphe- || 2. And I heard a voice from heaven, as mies; and power was given unto him to the voice of many waters, and as the voice! continue forty and two months.
of a great thunder: and I heard the voice 6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy | of harpers harping with their harps: against God, to blaspheme his name, and his 3. And they sung as it were a new song tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. | before the throne, and before the sour
7. And it was given unto him to make beasts, and the elders : and no man could war with the saints, and to overcome them: learn that song but the hundred and forty and power was given him over all kindreds, and four thousand, which were redeemed and tongues, and nations.
from the earth. 8. And all that dwell upon the earth 4. These are they which were not deshall worship him, whose names are not filed with women; for they are virgins. written in the book of life of the Lamb These are they which follow the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. whithersoever he goeth. These were re
9. If any man have an ear, let him hear. deemed from among men, being the first
10. He that leadeth into captivity, shall fruits unto God and to the Lamb. go into captivity: he that killeth with the 5. And in their mouth was found no sword, must be killed with the sword. Here guile: for they are without fault before the is the patience and the faith of the saints. throne of God. .,11. And I beheld another beast coming 6. And I saw another angel fly in the up out of the earth; and he had two horns midst of heaven, having the everlasting goslike a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. pel to preach unto them that dwell on the
12. And he exerciseth all the power of the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, first beast before him, and causeth the earth || and tongue, and people, and them which dwell therein to worship the 7. Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. and give glory to him ; for the hour of his
13. And he doeth great wonders, so that judgment is come: and worship him that he maketh fire come down from heaven on made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the earth in the sight of men,
the fountains of waters. 14. And deceiveth them that dwell on the 8. And there followed another angel, sayearth by the means of those miracles which ing, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great he had power to do in the sight of the beast ; city, because she made all nations drink of saying to them that dwell on the earth, the wine of the wrath of her fornication. that they should make an image to the W 9. And the third angel followed them, beast, which had the wound by a sword, saying with a loud voice, If any man wor and did live.
ship the beast and his image, and receive 15. And he had power to give life unto his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the image of the beast, that the image of 10. The same shall drink of the wine of the beast should both speak, and cause that the wrath of God, which is poured out as many as would not worship the image without mixture into the cup of his indigof the beast should be killed.
ll nation ; and he shall be tormented with fire