« FöregåendeFortsätt »
177 לעבד 208 את 4 האדמה 115 אשר 40 מגן 24 לקח 339 משס: 356 ויגרש 357 את 4 האדם 117 וישכן 358
מקדם 178 לגן 176 עדן 177 את 4 הכרבים 359 ואת 4 לחט 360 החרב 361 המתהפכת 362 לשמר 363 את 4
58 החיים: 313
.351 .vide num ישלח
355. innboy and sent him forth. 1 and convers. 177 him. Rule 39. . .
. . . 179. 190.
.from whence משם .356
things which are seen” express the visible creation, from which the writer descends to Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, &c.
) . .
.20 .continuallg . Job iv נצוז The Hebrews also expressed forever by ,14
, , ,צמת .
&c. 778 length. Psa. xxiii. 6. xciii. 5; O1 day. Psa. xciii. 5. xxxvii. 26. Gen. xliii. 9. xliv. 32, &c. nay, Lev. xxv. 23. 30, to cut off
, and op Prov. viii. 23. to be before, antiquity, &c. But no word in the Hebrew expressed so frequently as ohry, or more strongly endless futurity.
24 So he drove out the man: and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
357.091 and he expelled. I convers. 91' is the 3d pers. sing. masc. fut. Kal of way to cast out.
559. 130") and he placed. I convers. 730 is the 3d pers. sing. masc, fut. Kal of to piace.
359. D'anan angels, or emblems of majesty. 77 emphat. Plur. of 373 or 217 which may be derived from ) as, rule 173, and 37 great, the character of God. Psa. xlviii. 2. 37 779 the great King.
360. urh flaming. It is the part. Ben. Kal of mo's to burn. 1 is omitted. Vide rule 78.
361.3970 a sword. 17 emphat. 371 a sword, devastation, to waste.
362. nonnan turning upon itself. 17 prefix. The part. Ben. fem. Hithpael of 97 to turn. Preventing an approach from every quarter.
363. po's to guard. 5 prefix. 70 infin. Kal to watch or keep. Rule 142.
364. 777 the way. As a verb, to go, or come. As a noun, a path, a star, a journey. Also immediately. When life was forfeited, its pledge was removed; an exclusion from the tree showed that the terms of life had become impossible to fallen mån.
! אחר 365 הדברים 366 האלה 151 היה 20 דבר367 יהוה 154 אל 47 אברם 368 במחזה 369 לאמר 19 אל 47 תירא 293
אברס 368 אנכי 294 מגן 370 לך 135 שכרך 371 הרבה 372 2 מאד: 140 ויאמר * 19 אברס 368 אדני 373 יהוה 154 מה 296
תתן 374 לי 304 ואנכי 294 הולך 375 ערירי 376 ובן 325
365. nx after. A particle. As a verb, to defer, or delay; as a noun, another, posterior, &c. '18 the same.
366. 0'77777 things. 77 emphat. D'927 plur. 137 a thing, a word, to speak. In regim. 937. 1372 a wilderness.
367. 127 the Word. As the Word, he by whom God reveals himself to man in creation, redemption, and judgment, existed in the
* The 1 with which this verse commences may be translated for, as in Isa. iii. 7. Jer. xvii. 8. and Job xix. 25, and then, as has been well observed, the second verse may be considered as a parenthesis expressing what had happened before the vision. Vau supplies in the Hebrew the place of almost every conjunction, and therefore requires in a translation a great variety of renderings. There are also some peculiarities in the use of this conjunction. Vau coming between two substantives sometimes is to be omitted, and one of them taken as an adjective expressing a property of the other, thus judgment and righteousness frequently occurs for “ righteous judgment." On the contrary, when omitted between two verbs, one should be rendered adverbially; thus, they hasted they forgat, is rendered “they soon forgat." Ride thou, prosper thou, is a ride prosperousky." But when the same substantive is repeated after Vau, it usually implies distribution. Thus a man and a man means different men, Psal. lxxxvii. 5.“ This and that man." An ephah and an ephah, is divers measures.” A stone and a stone, is a divers weights." A heart and a heart is “ a double heart,” different hearts, one in expression, and the other concealed.
1 AFTER these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not Abram, I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward.
2 And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
and ,רם ,אב from ,אברהם .high רם father
, and אב .Abram אברם .368
beginning, and so from eternity, it may be, that it was he, who thus appeared in a vision unto Abram. Postca 127' 3d pers. m. fut. Kal o. 727 to speak. 1707 3d pers. pl. pret.
. , high. , , , JIPA a multitude.
369. ging in a vision. I in. nitin a vision, o formative. Rule 178. From min to see, a secr, or prophet.
370. jan a shield. o is formative. Rule 178. 11 to protect.jan is also a protector or defender.
371. 7930 thy reward. 7 thy. Rule 36. bo to satisfy, or reward, a satisfaction, or hire.
372. 172777 great. 17 emphat. 737 fem. and 37 masc. great. 0737 to increase, or multiply.
373. '378 Lord. From 17 to rule. xis formative. Rule 147. And is formative postfixed. Rule 171. num. 482.
374. inn wilt thou give. For join. It is the 2d pers. sing. masc. fut. Kal of jord to give. Vide rule 108. num. 302.
375.75177 am going. It is the participle Benoni Kal of 7407 to go, to conduct oneself. This is an Hebrew present tense. Vide num. 642.
. . Lev. XX. 20, 21.
377. pun a mover or director. » Rule 178. pe to move. Jus 13 the chief director, the son of the steward, the son of one who runs about my house, or the son of Masek, viz. my handmaid. Septuag.
ערירים .to be naked . Plur ערה childles8
. An adjective from ערירי .376
משק 377 ביתי 378 הוא 192 דמשק 379 אליעזרן 380 3 ויאמר 19 אברם 368 הן 133 לי 304 לא 159 נתתה 302
זרע 317 והנה 133 בן 325 ביתי 378 יורש 381 אתי: 382 4 והנה 133 דבר 367 יהוה 154 אליו 383 לאמר 19 לא 159
יירשך 381 זה 296 כי 25 אם 384 אשר 40 יצא 385 ממעיך 386 5 הוא 192 יירשך: 381 ויצא 385 אתו 149 החוצה 387 ויאמר 19
הבט 388 נא 389 השמימה 390 וספר 39 הכוכבים 83
אם 384 תוכל 392 לספר 391 אתם 85 ויאמר 19 לו 218 6 כה 393 יהיה 20 זרעך: 317 והאמן 394 ביהוה 154 ויחשבה 395
.my house ביתי .378 ,, בית בנה a
, , .1 .Damascene
, of Damascus . Ezek . xxvii . 18. Zech . ix דמשק .379
my. Rule 34. n'a house, household, capacity, temple, within. na a daughter, pupil of the eye, from 1733 to build.
. Amos iii. 12. v. 27.
, , supply. son the steward of my house, this Damascene is to me a help or supply for
a helfe , or sufithly . The som of עזר to.me אלי Eliezer
, or אליעזר .380
is succeeding to my flossessions . It is the Part . Ben . Kal יורש .381
is the fut . Kal , and I יירשך to inherit
. Vide rule 90. Postea ירש of
אתה From .0? את me
.unto him אליו .383
to אליך as if it was in construction
, perhaps to soften the sound ; as אחר is to me
. The seven particles which thus take are אלי thee
But together יְחד under , and תחת ,ufiot על ,undo ער ,betrueen בין ,to אל ,after
אח ,a אב :
', . to approach. Vide num. 4. 85.
. . i . to them. 'is often inserted between the preposition and the pronoun
, between, , y upon, : with: Also IX a father, nix a brother, and on a father in law. These all follow the form of plurals in regimine.
384. Os certainty. From os to support. Also, if, though, since, whether. DX ') but in truth.
385. " , . . . masc, fut. Kal of xy' to come, or go.
.Vide rule 89. It is the 3d pers . sing .ייצא shall come
, for יצא .585 , יצא .