« FöregåendeFortsätt »
JAN. 9. Jer. xxxi. 18, 19. Turn thou me, and I shall be turned, &c.
10. Acts xi. 18. Then hath God alsogranted repentance unto life.
11. Acts xvi. 31. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.
12. 1 John iii. 23. This is his commandment, that we should believe, &c.
13. Eph. ii. 8. Through faith ;-not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.
14. Heb. xii. 2. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
15. Mark ix. 24. Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
16. Luke xvii. 5. The apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
17. Luke xxii. 32. I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.
18. 1 Pet. i. 5. Who are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation. 19. Prov. iv. 7. Wisdom is the principal thing: get wisdom and understanding. 20. Eph. v. 17. Be not unwise, but understanding-the will of the Lord..
21. Prov. ii. 6. The Lord giveth wisdom,knowledge, and understanding.
22. Jam. i. 5. If any lack wisdom, let him ask of God, and it shall be given him. 23. Eph. i. 17. May the Father give unto you the spirit of wisdom, &c.
24. Phil. i. 9. That your love may abound -in knowledge and in all judgment.
25. Col. i. 9. That ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will, &c.
JAN. 26. Ps. cxix. 34. Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law.
27. Ps. cxix. 125. Give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies.
28. 2 Chron. i. 10. Give me, now, wisdom and knowledge, &c.
29. 1 Cor xvi. 13. Watch ye, stand fast in the faith,-be strong.
30. 2 Thess; ii. 16, 17. May God—our Father, stablish you in every good
word and work.
31. 2 Cor. i. 21. He which stablisheth usin Christ-is God.
II. ENCOURAGEMENTS TO PRAYER.
FEB. 1. Ps. cxlv. 18. The Lord is nigh unto all that call upon him in truth.
2. Ps. lxxxvi. 5. Plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
3. Prov. xv. 8. The prayer of the upright is his delight.
4. Ps. 1. 15. Call upon me in-trouble; I will deliver thee.
5. Jer. xxxiii. 2. I will answer, and shew thee-mighty things, which thou knowest not.
6. Heb. x. 21, 22. Having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw
7. Heb. iv. 16. Let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, &c.
FEB. 8. John xvi. 23. Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name, he will give you.
9. John xvi. 24. Ask, and ye shall receive,. that your joy may be full.
10. Luke xviii. 1. Men ought always to pray, and not to faint.
11. Matt. vii. 7, 8. For every one that asketh receiveth.
12. Acts ix. 11. Inquire-for-Saul :-behold he prayeth!
13. 2 Chron. xxxiii. 13. Manasseh-prayed -and the Lord was entreated of him. 14. John iv. 10. Thou wouldst have asked, -and he would have given thee living
15. Jer. xxix. 12, 13. Ye shall pray unto me, and I will hearken to you.
16. Ps. x. 17. Thou wilt prepare their heart, and cause'thine ear to hear.
17. Jam. v. 16. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
18. Gen. xxxii. 28. As a prince hast thou power with God, and with men.
19. Acts xii. 5. Prayer was made without ceasing-unto God for him.
20. Neh. i. 11. Prosper-thy servant,—and grant him mercy in the sight of this
21. Ps. cvi. 23. Moses stood-in the breach, lest he should destroy them.
22. Exod. xxxii. 10. Let me alone,-that I may consume them.
23. Is. lxv. 24. While they are yet speaking I will hear.
FEB. 24. Matt. ix. 38. Pray-the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers.
25. Col. iv. 2. Continue in prayer, and watch in the same, &c.
26. Phil. iv. 6, 7. In every thing let your requests be made known unto God.
27. Jam. iv. 2. Ye have not, because
28. Eph. iii. 20. He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all-we-ask, &c.
III. DOCTRINES PRACTICALLY STATED.
MARCH 1. Eph. i. 4. He hath chosen us, that we should be holy.
2. Rom. viii. 29. Predestinate to be con-
3. 1 Pet. i. 2. Elect,-through sanctifica-
5. 1 Pet. ii. 24. Who bare our sins-that
6. Eph. v. 25, 26. He gave himself for it, that he might sanctify and cleanse it. 7. Gal. i. 4. Who gave himself for our sins, to deliver us from this-evil world.
8 2. Tim. i. 9. Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling.
MARCH 9. Eph. ii. 10. Created in Christ Jesus unto good works.
.10. 1 Pet. ii. 21. For even hereunto were ye called.
11. Gal. ii. 19. I-am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
12. Rom. vii. 6. We are delivered from
13. Rom. vi. 2. How shall we, that are
15. Rom. vi. 22. Made free from sin, and
16. Gal. xv. 24. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh.
17. Ps. cxix. 45. I will walk at liberty, for I seek thy precepts.
18. 2 Cor. v. 17. If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature.
19. Rom. viii. 1. No condemnation to them that are in Christ,-who walk-after the Spirit.
20. Jer. xxxii. 40. I will put my fear into their heart, that they shall not depart from me.
21. Heb. x. 16, 17. I will put my laws into their hearts;-their sins-will I remember no more.
22. Ezek. xxxvi. 27. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes.