« FöregåendeFortsätt »
MARCH 23. Rom. viii. 28. All things work together for good to them that love God, &c. 24. Phil. i. 6. He, which hath begun a good work in you will perform it.
25. 1 John iii. 2. We know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him. 26. I John iii. 3. He that hath this hope in him purifieth himself.
27. Heb. vi. 11. Shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope to the end.
28. 1 John iii. 14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.
29. 1 John iv. 12. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us.
30. Gal. v. 6. In Christ-nothing availeth --but faith which worketh by love. 31. Gal. v. 13. Use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh: but by love serve one another.
IV. DUTIES EVANGELICALLY ENFORCED.
APRIL 1. Col. iii. 12, 13. Put on as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, &c.
2. Eph. iv. 31, 32. Forgiving one another, as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
3. Rom. xii. 1. I beseech you,-by the mercies of God, present your bodies a living sacrifice, &c.
ARRIL 4. Col. iii. 17. In word and deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
5. Phil. i. 27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel.
6. Eph. iv. 1-3. Walk worthy of your
7. 1 Thess. ii. 12. Walk worthy of God,
10. 1 Pet. i. 14, 15. As obedient children,
11. 1 Pet. i. 15. As he, who hath called you is holy, so be ye holy.
12. 1 Pet. ii. 15. With well-doing put to silence the ignorance of foolish men. 13. 1 Pet. ii. 13. Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man, for the Lord's sake.
14. Col. iii. 20. Children obey your parents;-this is well pleasing to the
15. Eph. vi. 4. Fathers-bring up your
APRIL 18. 1 Pet. iii. 1. That-they may, without the word, be won by-their wives. 19. Eph. v. 25. Husbands love your wives, -as Christ loved the church.
20. 1 Pet. iii. 7. Giving honour to the wife,
21. Eph. vi. 5-8. Servants be obedient to
24. Col. iv. 1. Masters give-your servants
25. Eph. vi. 9. Neither is there respect of persons with him.
26. John xxi. 17. Thou knowest-that I love thee: Jesus saith,-feed my
27. Gal. vi. 2. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 28. Matt. xxv. 40. As ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren,
ye 29. 2 Cor. viii. 7, 8. Abound in this grace -to prove the sincerity of your love. 30. John xv. 12. Love one another as I have loved you.
have done it unto me.
V. PROMISES MADE TO PECULIAR CHARACTERS.
MAY 1. Is. lxvi. 2. I will look to him that is poor, and of a contrite spirit, &c.
2. Matt. v. 3. Blessed are the poor in spirit;
5. Ps. xxv. 9. The meek will he guide,and teach his way.
6. Is. xxxv. 8. The way-faring men, though
7. Ps. 1. 23. To him that ordereth his con-
9. Ps. cxxvi. 5. They that sow in tears shall
10. Jam. i. 12. The crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love
11. Jam. ii. 5. Heirs of the kingdom,-he hath promised to them that love him. 12. John xiv. 15,, 16. Love me, keep my commandments, and he shall give you another Comforter.
13. John xiv. 21-24. If a man love me,my Father will love him, and we will come to him.
MAY 14. Amos v; 4. Thus saith the Lord,-seek ye me and ye shall live.
15. Ps. xxxiv. 10. They that seek the Lord shall not want any good.
16. Prov. viii. 17. Those that seek me early shall find me.
17. Matt. vi. 33; Seek-first the kingdom; -and all-shall be added to you.
18. Ps. ii. 12. Kiss the Son-blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
19. Ps. xxxvii. 3. Trust in the Lord and do
good, verily thou shalt be fed.
20. Is. xl. 31. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
21. Ps. xxvii. 14. Wait on the Lord,-and
22. John xii. 26. If any man serve me, him
23. Matth. xxv. 21. Well done, good and
24. Matt. v. 6. They, which hunger and thirst after righteousness, shall be filled.
25. Prov. xi. 25. He that watereth, shall be watered also himself.
26. Is. lviii. 10-12. If thou draw out thy soul to the hungry then shall thy light rise, &c.
27. Ps. cxxii. 6. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.
28. Luke vi. 35. Love your enemies, and do good, &c.; and your reward shall be great.