« FöregåendeFortsätt »
world free from stain, obtain of God for me that I may leave it without sin.
100 days' Indulgence, once a day.
12. St. Joseph, Model and Patron of the friends of the Sacred Heart, pray for us.
100 days' Indulgence, once a day. Leo XIII, December 19, 1891.
13. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.
300 days' Indulgence each time that all three invocations are recited; 100 days when one only is recited.
14. May the most just, most high, and most amiable will of God be done in all things, be praised and magnified forever.
100 days' Indulgence, once a day. Plenary Indulgence, once a year, for those who recite it daily, on the usual conditions. Plenary Indulgence at the moment of death, for those who, having frequently recited it during their lives, accept death with resignation from the hand of God.
15. O most compassionate Jesus, Thou alone art our salvation, our life, and our resurrection. We implore Thee, therefore, do not forsake us in our needs and afflictions, but by the agony of Thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of Thy Immaculate Mother, succor Thy servants, whom
Thou hast redeemed by Thy most precious Blood.
100 days' Indulgence, once a day.
16. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
50 days' Indulgence every time for making the Sign of the Cross, using the above words. 100 days when made with holy water.
17. O Sacrament most holy! O Sacrament divine! All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine.
100 days' Indulgence once a day, and three times a day every Thursday in the year and during the Octave of Corpus Christi. 100 days at each Mass, on condition of making use of this ejaculation at the Elevation of the two sacred species.
18. Bid me bear, O Mother blessed!
On my heart the wounds impressed
300 days' Indulgence, once a day, to all who, contrite in heart, shall say "Hail Mary" seven times, with the above stanza to each "Hail Mary." Plenary Indulgence, once a month, on the usual conditions, on a day at choice, for all who shall devoutly practise this exercise for a month.
HEROIC ACT OF LOVE,
OR OFFERING OF ALL THE SATISFACTORY
SUFFERING SOULS IN
I, N. N., renounce in favor of the suffer
ing souls in Purgatory, the satisfactory portion of all the good works which, with the assistance of divine grace, I from this day shall perform, as also all the prayers and satisfatory works which may, after my death, be applied to my benefit, and I place them all in the hands of the Most Blessed Virgin, that this Mother of Mercy may dispose of them according to her pleasure.
By a decree of Pius IX, dated Sept. 10, 1852, all the faithful who make this oblation and fulfil the conditions may gain a Plenary Indulgence at every Communion. This Communion is applicable only to the suffering souls. Furthermore, on every Monday a Plenary Indulgence may be gained for the suffering souls by all those who attend Mass and visit a church. (See explanation of Heroic Act, p. 69.)
Our Holy Father, Leo XIII, by a decree of the Sacred Congregation of Indulgences, on the 17th day of January, 1888, has granted to all who, during the month of November, perform publicly with others, or in private, special devotions for the souls in Purgatory, the following Indul
1. An Indulgence of seven years and seven quarantines, every day during the month.
2. A Plenary Indulgence, once a month, provided the usual conditions are observed of Confession and Communion, visit to a church or public oratory, and prayer according to the intention of the Sovereign Pontiff.
These Indulgences are applicable to the souls in Purgatory.
First Day, Prayers for the Holy Souls.. 10
Ninth Day, Pain of Fire in Purgatory. 27
Fourteenth Day, The Special Duty of
Fifteenth Day, The State of Grace
Sixteenth Day, The Efficacy of Prayer
Eighteenth Day, The Efficacy of Holy
Twenty-first Day, Efficacy of the Ros-
fords Great Relief to the Departed.. 53
Twenty-sixth Day, By delivering the
Twenty-eighth Day, They have great