« FöregåendeFortsätt »
would himself defend Zion. all to God for help.
32. 1. The kingdom of Christ fore- 1137. The present establishment
of Christ's kingdom.
33. 1. Jerusalem delivered from 1138. The triumph, gain, and joy
Sennacherib, and at peace.
of the true Christian.
34. 1. Judgments awaiting all na- 1139. How God will deal with the
tions, and especially Idumea. enemies of his people.
35. 1. Peace and prosperity for God's 1140. The happiness which the
Gospel establishes in the heart.
36. 1. Rabshakeh is sent by Sen- 1141. That we ought not to listen
nacherib to Jerusalem.
to the solicitations of sin.
37. 1. Hezekiah applieth to Isaiah, 1142. The end of our calling is
and prayeth to God.
that we glorify God.
37.21. Isaiah assureth Jerusalem of 1143. God is omnipotent to save
or to destroy.
58. 12. God comforteth his people 1164. Caution against persecuting
the people of the Lord.
1. 4. The Lord calleth Jeremiah to 1184. Our encouragement to serve
God with boldness.
quences of sin.
2.20. The false pleas of the Jews are 1186. The presumptuous boldness
of impenitent sinners.
3. 1. The longsuffering of God. Ju- 1187. The responsibility of having
dah compared with Israel. eminent privileges.
faith, and devotion.
17. 1. Trust in man and trust in 1210. The humility and glory of
those whose trust is in God.
love towards penitent Israel. encouragement to repentance.
31.22. Strong assurances of redemp. 1233. Of beseeching God that He
tion given to God's people. will amply fulfil his gracious