« FöregåendeFortsätt »
THE BOOK OF
AND ADMINISTRATION OF
RITES AND CEREMONIES OF THE CHURCH,
ACCORDING TO THE USE OF
THE PROTESTANT EPISCOPAL CHURCH
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
BY AUTHORITY OF THE GENERAL CONVENTION.
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
of Fasting and Abstinence throughout the Year.
7. Tables for finding the Holy-days.
8. The Order for Daily Morning Prayer.
9. The Order for Daily Evening Prayer.
10. The Beatitudes of the Gospel.
11. The Litany.
12. Prayers and Thanksgivings upon several Occasions.
13. A Penitential Office for Ash Wednesday.
14. The Proper Order for Prayer and Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving-day, or Harvest-
15. A Short Office of Prayer for Sundry Occasions.
16. The Collects, Epistles, and Gospels, to be used throughout the Year.
17. The Order for the Administration of the Lord's Supper, or Holy Communion.
18. The Ministration of Public Baptism of Infants, to be used in the Church.
19. The Ministration of Private Baptism of Children, in Houses.
20. The Ministration of Baptism to such as are of Riper Years, and able to answer for
21. A Catechism; that is to say, an Instruction to be learned by every Person before he
be brought to be confirmed by the Bishop.
22. The Order of Confirmation, or Laying on of Hands upon those that are baptized,
and come to years of Discretion.
23. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony.
24. The Order for the Visitation of the Sick.
25. The Communion of the Sick.
26. The Order for the Burial of the Dead.
27. The Thanksgiving of Women after Child-birth, commonly called, The Churching of
28. Forms of Prayer to be used at Sea.
29. A Form of Prayer for the Visitation of Prisoners.
30. Forms of Prayer to be used in Families.
31. Proper Anthems for use in place of the Venite on certain Festivals.
32. The Psalter, or Psalms of David.
33. The Form and Manner of Making, Ordaining, and Consecrating Bishops, Priests,
34. The Form of Consecration of a Church or Chapel.
35. An Office of Institution of Ministers into Parishes or Churches.
36. The Articles of Religion.