« FöregåendeFortsätt »
NO. 27 OF 1895.
ORDINANCE TO AMEND ORDINANCE NO. 7 OF 1892, INTITULED "AN ORDINANCE RESPECTING THE ASSESSMENT OF RAILWAYS."
(Assented to 30th September, 1895.)
The Lieutenant-Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Territories, enacts as follows:
Subsections 1 1. Sub-sections 1 and 2 of Section 2 of Ordinance No. 7 of 1892 are hereby repealed and the following
and 2 of Section 2
repealed and substituted in lieu thereof:
Statement to be communicated to Assessor
"(1) The quantity of land other than the roadway owned or occupied by the company which is liable to assessment with the actual value thereof, according to the average value of adjacent lands including the buildings thereon.
"(2) The quantity of the land occupied by the roadway and the value thereof, including the superstructure."
2. The clerk of such municipality or the secretary of the school district, as the case may be, shall communicate such statement to the assessor of the municipality or school district, as the case may be, who shall assess the same as other lands within the muniAssessment to cipality or school district, and who shall deliver at or
be made and Company
transmit by post to the nearest station or office of the company a notice addressed to such company stating the amount at which the land of such company, including the roadway and superstructure, has been assessed.
3. Whether such statement in Section 1 of this Act Assessment at is placed in the hands of the assessor for any such in absence of municipality or school district or not the assessor for statement every municipality or school district, as the case may be, shall assess the lands of such railway company including the roadway thereof and the superstructure of such roadway and give such notice as is required by Section 2.
4. Such lands shall not be assessed at a greater Maximum value than adjacent lands, and the roadway and super- assessment structure thereon shall not be assessed at a greater made. value than $1000.00 per mile.
5. Such taxes shall be payable to the municipality Payment and or school district, as the case may be, making such taxes assessment and shall be collectable in the same manner as other taxes.
Subsection 3 of Section 2 amended.
Sub-section 6 of Section 2 repealed
Subsection 8 of
Section 2 repealed
NO. 28 OF 1895.
AN ORDINANCE TO FURTHER AMEND THE
(Assented to 30th September, 1895.)
The Lieutenant Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Territories, enacts as follows:
1. Subsection 3 of Section 2 of "The Liquor License Ordinance, 1891-92" is hereby amended by striking out the first four lines and the first word in the fifth line thereof and by substituting therefor the following words:
"Householder' shall mean the owner or occupant being a tenant under a yearly lease of any dwelling house or place of business."
2. Sub-section 6 of Section 2 of the said Ordinance, is hereby repealed and the following substituted there
(6) Hotel licence' shall mean and include every license granted for the sale by retail, of fermented, spirituous, or other liquors, which may be consumed on the premises on which the same is sold, whether hotel premises' or not."
3. Sub-section 8 of Section 2 of the said Ordinance is hereby repealed and the following substituted therefor:
(8) 'Person' shall include every member of a firm and the servant, office holder, agent of a company or body of persons, whether incorporated or not, and
whether such body corporate is incorporated under Special Ordinance or by Letters Patent under the Seal of the North-West Territories."
4. Section 5 of the said Ordinance is hereby amend- added to ed by adding thereto the following subsection:-- Seotion
(1) Every Commissioner shall forthwith after his appointment and before attempting to perform any of the duties of his office take and subscribe before a Justice of the Peace the following oath or affirmation :
I (name in full) do hereby solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully perform my duty as a License Commissioner for License District No..... So help me God.
Sworn (or affirmed) before me, A. B, at. in the North-West Territories, this
[In the case of an affirmation the words "So help me God" shall be omitted.]
"(a) The said oath or affirmation shall be forthwith returned by the Commissioner to the Chief License Inspector."
of Section 15
5. Subsection 1 of Section 15 of the said Ordinance Subsection is hereby amended by striking out the words "nearest amended. to such premises " therein and inserting in lieu thereof the words "nearest to the building in which the business proposed to be licensed is to be carried on."
6. The following subsection is hereby added to Sec- Subsection tion 27 of the said Ordinance:
(7) A statement whether the persons signing the recommendation (Schedule C) are, in the opinion of the Inspector, ten out of the twenty householders nearest to the building in which the business proposed to be licensed is to be carried on."
added to Section 17.
Section 82 amended
7. Section 82 of the said Ordinance is hereby amended by adding thereto the words " and any sale or other disposal of liquor by any association, body of persons or club not incorporated at this date by a special Ordinance of the Territories, or by the servant or agent thereof to the members thereof or to any other person without such licence shall be a violation of Section 91 of this Ordinance."