« FöregåendeFortsätt »
9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
12 And the Lord said unto Salan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power, only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.
13 And there was a day, when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were ploughing, and the asses feeding beside them:
15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword, and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. 16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said,
,first born בכור .to connect אחה a brother
, from אחי
.in reg אח .4
. a , . , from 3 to precede. :
אתנות and אתנת .a she
14. 7852 a messenger, from 785 Arab. to send. x] to come, or go.
plough. . from ins strong. nyn to feed. 07'7: lyg at their hands, that is, near
15. 593 to fall upon. XIV Sheba, perhaps the descendants of Seba the son of Cush. Vide Gen. x. 7. See also Gen. x. 28, and xxv. 3. Perhaps from w old, to return. mph to take. Ji a youth, to move briskly. 03 to strike, or emite. od in regim. 'd a mouth. In a sword, to destroy. Oss to escape. po only, vide ver. 12. ** I, from 7Jx to occur, lo be present. 9725 only I. tās apart, from 73 alone. 713 in Hiph. to declare.
,from מני and מן .to fall נפל .fire אש ,to sfieak דנר
, this one ואת
16. ny yet, still, from W yet, futurity, to testify. 771 and 1 and fem.. this, . speak. . . ,
ותבער בצאן ובנערים ותאכלס ואמלטה רק אני 17 לבדי, להגיד לך: עוד זה מדבר וזה בא ויאמר
כשרים שמו שלשה ראשים ויפשטו על הגמלים
ויקחום ואת הנערים הכו לפי חרב ואמלטה רק 18 אני לבדי להגיד לך: עד זה מדבר וזה בא
ויאמר בניך ובנותיך אכלים ושתים יין בבית 19 אחיהם הבכור; והנה רוח גדולה באה מעבר
ויגע בארבע פנות הבית ויפר על המדבר
הנערים וימותו ואמלטה רק אני לבדי להגיד 20 לך: ויקם איוב ויקרע. את מעלו ויגו את ראשו 21 ויפל ארצה וישתחו: ויאמר ערס יצתי מבטן אמי
וערם אשוב שמה יהוה נתן ויהוה לקח יהי שם 22 יהוה מברך: בכל זאת לא חטא איוב ולא נתן תפלה לאלהים:
.to burn בער .to lilace שם the heavens , from שמים
.to distribute מנה from .to consume. אכל .a youth
, to move quickly נער .sheefi
, small cattle צאן
מלט . . כשדים ראשים .three שלש
.to falace שם .n.
A people in Abraham's days ,399 .3 .vide v גמל .to invade פשט .the head ראש comfiantes
.yide v נער
18. See all the words of this verse in ver. 17 and 13, ante.
19. 700 behold! as a verb in Hiph. to be present. nin the wind, from
. , . , magnify, be great, x3 to come, or go. hays from beyond, from, and may beyond; as a verb, to pass. 7579 a wilderness, or place driven over, from 937 to drive, to speak. yad to smite. yanx four, from yan four, to agitate.
a , . , . . è youth, to be nimble. no to die.
The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burnt up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them, and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword, and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
19 And behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the
young men, and they are dead, and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,
21 And he said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and na. ked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken, away; blessed be the name of the Lord. 22 In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
to עלה a covering , from מעיל and מול
.to rend קרע
.to ariae קם .20
. . , , ascend. '122 to shave, from 11 to mow, or shear. You to fall. poose the earth, see ver. 1. nw'to bow, hence now to bend very much. This verb uses 1 sometimes instead of the last radical (vide rule 111) and especially in Hithp.
21. ow naked. **' to come. jua the belly. Ox a mother. 30 to return. Dø, now thither, to place. Job probably pointed to his mother earth
. . name, to place. Tha to ble88.*
22. So all, from bo to finish. 777 masc. n&i fem. 11 masc. or fem. this. Non to sin. ind to give, oben folly, from Son insipid.
a שם .to be היה .to take לקח
.to give נתן
.when he used this word
* We have here a beautiful example of piety and patient resignation. Why the righteous should suffer affliction, whilst the wicked prosper, was a question dark and difficult to the gentile world. To cut this knot was the design of these sufferings, the following conversation, and of its being perpetuated in this valuable relic of the ancient gentile religion.
1 ויהי היום ויבאו בני האלהים להתיצב על יהוה ויבא גם השטן
בתכם להתיצב על יהוד 2 ויאמר יהוה אל השטן אי
אל השטן אי מזה תבא ויען השטן את יהוה ויאמר משט בארץ ומהתהלך בהן : "אמר יהוה אל השטן השמת לבך
אל עברי איוב כי אין כמהו בארץ איש תם וישר ירא
אלהים וסר מרע ועדנו מחזיק בתמתו ותסיתני 4 בו לבלעו חנס: ויען השטן את יהוה ויאמר עור 5 בעד עור וכל אשר לאיש יתן בעד נפשו: אולם שלח נא ידך וגע אל עצמו, ואל בשרו אם לא 6 אל פניך יברכך: ויאמר יהוה אל השטן הנו ? בידך אך את נפשו שמר: ויצא השטן מאת פני
יהוה ויך את איוב בשחין רע מכף רגלו ועד
יצב .to build בנה a son
, from בן
.to come בא .a day יום .to be היה .1'. to be in the תך the mtdst
, from תוך .to orthose שטן ,also גם
שטה .to answer ענה .this זה ,fromמ ,sphere אי ,from whence אי מזה .2
הלך ,שט , , עבר שם .8 .like him
, vide c . 1. v כמהו
.uantity און mot
, from אין
.to restrain כהה reality , c . i . v . 1. Where see also the six words יש a man
from איש he . Vide rule נו still , and ער ,and a8 get he ; and יעדנו next following ,, תמת תמה
חן , חנם ,בלע
, where, , i . or ov to move to and fro, 750 to walk. 3. DV to put. g) vide c. 1. v. 5. n3y a servant, to obey. ') that, from
, vanity. . , , c. . v.
. ; 1 , , . 39. pm to retain. nion in regim. non integrity, from on to perfect. no to incite. yha to devour. Din causelessly, gratts, from in to possess affection for.
1 AGAIN there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.
2 And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
3 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him to destroy him without cause.
4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin: yea, all that a man hath, will he give for his life: 15 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
6 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. 7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote
בער .to strin ערה skin
, from עור .to ofhose שטן
.to answer ענה .4
. . , . after, from and v futurity, time. “ Skin after skin;" suffering repeated excoriations rather than death. ind to give. Vou the life, as a verb, to breathe.
5. Six yet, from bhs to compress, connect. nyer to send, to reach forth. XI now, to fail. 7 the hand, from 177' to extend. you to touch. oxy a bone, as a verb, to be strong. vi flesh, also, to spread. ox if, whether? See the residue of the words in c. 1. v. 11.
6. 1377 behold him. 177 lo! from 717 to be present, and i him. Rule 39, 9. the hand, from 177' to reach forth. 7* yet indeed, from 733 to strike. 00 to preserve. 7. 43" to come or go forth, D'ja plur. the face, from 1739 to turn, 1