Om den här boken
Böcker på Google Play
GILBERT & RIVINGTON, PRINTERS,
ST. JOHN'S SQUARE.
1. 1. Isaiah declareth the subject of 1096. Prophecy viewed as mani-
festing God's foreknowledge.
1. 2. Jehovah reproveth his rebel- 1097. Service without devotion is
hateful unto God.
1. 16. Jehovah offereth to reason 1098. God at once merciful and
with his people.
2. 1. Glory promised. Judgments
3. 1. The judgments of God, and the
grounds of them.
4. 1. The glory of the Branch of the
5.1. The parable of the vineyard.
1099. The perilous condition of
the proud and idolatrous.
1100. Sin the cause of the decay
1101. The future holiness and hap-
piness of the Church.
1102. The woe of sinning in the
midst of privileges.
5. 18. Further woes denounced, and 1103. The use we ought to make
a fearful invasion. of God's forbearance.
6. 1. Isaiah in a vision is commis- 1104. The risk of being given up
sioned to prophesy.
7. 1. In the jeopardy of Judah the
Lord himself giveth a sign.
7. 17. The wasting of Judah by As-
8. 1. That Assyria would soon spoil
both Israel and Judah.
9. 1. The birth and titles of the
10. 1. Assyria, the rod of God's
anger, shall itself be brought
to an impenitent mind.
1105. The birth of Jesus our
pledge of salvation.
1106. The desolation of those who
trust in the world.
1107. Of abiding by the written
word of God.
1108. Our redemption by Christ
1109. God glorified in overruling
man's evil for good.
10. 20. The remnant in Zion need 1110. It is for Christ's sake that
15. 1. The devastation of Moab fore- 1116. The calamities of war are
16. 1. The burden of Moab is con-
chastisements for sin.
1117. The fulfilment of God's
sentence, though secret, is sure.
17. 1. The burden of Damascus and 1118. Evil, though overruled for
good, is no less liable to punish-
PART VII. 0. T.